Our Client Base
We specialize in assisting non-profits, universities and government agencies with program evaluation, health education, medical writing, grant application, grant administration, program and project management, and complex problem solving.
- Developed innovative chronic disease curriculum for Emory University,Rollins School of Public Health, Department of Health Policy & Management addressing chronic disease self-management among populations experiencing severe mental illness. Project represented empirically tested approach to addressing major public health and mental health intersections with intent to provide a national standard. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20185272
- Served as Interim Executive Director of international women’s health education and research non-profit. Oversaw all administrative and fundraising responsibilities as well as made necessary strategic decisions on behalf of organization. Represented organization’s interests and oversaw Board of Directors. Facilitated coordination between board members, staff, funders, and partners. Kept current with developments in the field and guided organization in the formulation of productive activities. Served as principal investigator/project director for various government and foundation funded grant projects
- Designed professional development tool for national professional association targeting state-wide chronic disease directors regarding assessing return on investment (ROI) of chronic disease programs. http://c.ymcdn.com/sites/www.chronicdisease.org/resource/resmgr/services/roi-1.pdf
- Recruited by local hospital to evaluate hospital-wide breastfeeding initiatives by
analyzing patient data and strategically compiling community impact metrics,
which successfully packaged and presented program relevancy to executive
management and retained critical program funding.
- Conducted needs assessment, research initiative, and strategic message platform for Atlanta area AIDS organization to develop effective statewide public health media campaign. Assignment included recommending strategy for focus groups, telephone survey on HIV/AIDS prevention, literature review and ensuring sustainable, results-driven campaign based on sound research targeting African-American women.
- Led multi-level analysis and business case defining strategies to help Georgia farmers reduce or eliminate tobacco crops for Georgia Department of Human Resources and Legacy Foundation Tobacco Control Program, which reduced misperceptions and helped provide empirical data for program decision-making.
L Keys, DR Phillips, E Sterling, T Manegdeg, M Kelly, G Trimble, and C Mayerik. (2013). Transforming the Way We Life Together--A Model to Move Communities from Policy to Implementation. Journal of Aging & Social Policy.
EW Sterling, BG Druss, and K Lorig (2012). Chronic Disease Self-Management Programs in Psychiatry Helping Patients Help Themselves, Psychiatric Times.
EW Sterling and LM Nelson. (2011). From Victim to Survivor to Thriver: Helping Women with POI Integrate Recovery, Self-Management, and Wellness, Seminars in Reproductive Medicine.
S Covington, PJ Hillard, EW Sterling & LM Nelson. (2011). A Family Systems Approach to Primary Ovary Insufficiency. Journal of Pediatric and Adolescent Gynocology.
Evelina W. Sterling, Tina Vincent, Christine DeZarn, and Mark Perloe. (2010). A Study of Perceptions, Experiences, and Satisfaction with Healthcare among Women with PCOS, American Society for Reproductive Medicine Annual Meeting, Denver, CO. Received 2010 Merck Research Award
Kandice Smith, Shannon Sullivan, Vien Vanderhoof, Evelina Sterling, Liane Abrams, Lawrence M.
Nelson. (2010). Patients with Primary Ovarian Insufficiency
Prefer This Term to Premature Ovarian Failure to Describe their Condition, Endocrinology.
Amber R. Cooper, Valerie L.Baker, Evelina W. Sterling, Mary E. Ryan, Teresa K. Woodruff.
(2010). The Time is Now for a New Approach to Primary
Ovarian Insufficiency, Fertility and Sterility
Benjamin G. Druss, Liping Zhao, Silke A. von Esenwein, Joseph R. Bona, Larry Fricks, Sherry Jenkins-Tucker,Evelina Sterling, Ralph DiClemente, Kate Lorig. (2010). The Health Recovery Peer (HARP) Program: A Peer-Led Intervention to Improve Medical Self-Management for Persons with Serious Mental Illness. Schizophrenia Research. http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0920996410000782
Evelina Weidman Sterling, Silke von Esenwein, Sherry Tucker, Larry Fricks, and Benjamin Druss. (2009). Integrating Wellness, Recovery, and Self-Management among People with Severe Mental Illness, Community Mental Health Journal.
Evelina W. Sterling, O. Ray Fitzgerald, Vien Vanderhoof, Sharon Covington, Deloris Koziol, and Lawrence M. Nelson. ,(2009). A Study of the Relational Aspects of Spiritual Well-Being and Functional Well-Being in Women with Spontaneous 46,XX Primary Ovarian Insufficiency. American Society for Reductive Medicine Annual Meeting (October 2009; Atlanta, GA)
EW Sterling, M Eriksen, and V Hepburn (2006). Changing the Future of Tobacco Farming: The Public Health Implications of the Quota Buyout American Public Health Association, Washington, DC.
Living with PCOS by Evelina Sterling and Angie Best-Boss (Addicus Books, 2000)
Having Your Baby through Egg Donation by Ellen Glazer and Evelina Sterling (Perspectives Press, 2005)
Budgeting for Infertility by Evelina Sterling and Angie Best-Boss (Simon & Schuster, 2009)
Before Your Time: Living Well with Early Menopause by Evelina Sterling and Angie Best-Boss (Simon & Schuster, 2010)
Your Child's Teeth: A Parents Guide to Pediatric Oral Health by Evelina Sterling and Angie Best-Boss (Johns Hopkins University Press, 2013)
We have proudly served clients from a wide range of industries, including:
- Public Health
- Colleges and Universities
- Local Government
- State Government
- Federal Government